Interesting Facts about Honey
Benefits of Honey
According to Ayurveda some of the common properties of Honey:-
- Builds – Strong Immunity as it contains several vitamins and minerals.
- For centuries it is being used both as food and medicine.
- Honey is a natural sweetner and is an ideal substitute for sugar in the diet to sweeten the taste. (However, being sweetner, better to remain mindful of quantity to be used)
- Honey is rich source of antioxidants and antibacterial properties.
- Honey is also a sacred item in which rot never occurs and is digestive and curative.
Honey is known to provide Remedy and cure for :-
- Cold and Cough
- Stomach Ulcers
- Diarrhea and Dysentery
- Stress and Weakness
- Healing wounds & burns
- Reduce the risk of Gastroesophageal Reflux disease (GERD)
Honey Crystallization (Granulation)
Crystallization is defined as a natural occurring process of Honey that changes it from liquid to solid. Some people think the honey is spoiled as it crystallizes, but crystallization in Honey occurs when the Honey molecules are at optimum temperature, and it then begins to crystallize. So after being extracted from the Honey-comb, honey tends to crystallize much faster than it were in the wax cells.
So for Better Results
- Do Not Heat Honey
- Do Not Refrigerate
- Keep Honey at Room Temperature